Whee, Silent Mobius ficcy! Anyway, I might not have seen the whole series yet, but Katsumi Liqueur annoys the hell outta me . . . while not nearly as bad as some characters when it comes to dealing with their destiny (*cough*Usagi*cough*), I still think she whines too much! So, she's about to get a talking to by someone who's not exactly pleased with her behavior . . .
 

Grow up already!!
by Shadow Wolf75
 

Katsumi Liqueur was dreaming of battle, but she wasn't fighting. No, the big bad Lucifer Hawks were proceeding to kick her ass, as she refused to fight them. Even with Grosspoliner howling in her mind to at least defend herself, she wouldn't so much as raise the great sword against her attackers. After all, she couldn't kill her own kind, could she?

All of a sudden, a flare of green light blazed from nowhere and vaporized all the Lucifer Hawks in the area. Katsumi was surprised to say the least and looked around for the origin of the blast, thinking it might have been Kiddy or one of the other AMP members using some new invention of Lebia's. She didn't see any of her friends around, but soon spotted a younger girl walking towards her. The girl looked a good bit like Yuki, only she had green hair and golden eyes. She also looked rather pissed, which was something Yuki rarely if ever displayed.

The girl stopped a few feet away from Katsumi and started yelling at her. "By the rest of the Anima Mundi, you are a dumbass! Can't you see those things were trying to kill you? Maybe even trying to eat you? Why the hell weren't you fighting them?"

Katsumi yelled right back at the girl. "What? I can't fight them, I'm part Lucifer Hawk as well! I can't go around killing my own kind, it just isn't right! And anyway, why the hell do you care? For all I know you could be part of some mind game someone's playing on me!"

The girl frowned at this, and cursed slightly under her breath. "Still hurting from the imaginary world that bastard Maximillian threw you into? Rest assured, if I was here to fuck with your mind like that, I would have done it already. As for proof of who I am, why don't you ask Grosspoliner there? And before you ask, that's really him right there . . . he shows up in your dreams because of the way you're linked to him."

Katsumi looked confused at this, but managed to ask the sword about the girl anyway. "Well, Grosspoliner, do you know this girl?"

Grosspoliner's voice in her mind sounded amazed. "My master, that is Gaia, the spirit of Earth herself! I'd recognize her power anywhere, though this is the first time I've actually seen her. She doesn't usually manifest to humans, so she probably has something very important to tell you, Katsumi!"

"Heh, the sword certainly has that one right," Gaia began, smiling a little. "I'm here to tell you this: you may have Lucifer Hawk blood in you, but you ARE NOT one of them. So don't go around treating them like your family and such, since they certainly won't treat you that way! The stupider ones will try and eat you for dinner, while the Category 1s want you for something far more sinister. You've heard them say you are the key to Nemesis, correct? Let's just say that if they manage to use you for that purpose, you'll die like your father did, and the Earth will pretty much be fucked. I'm talking worse than the Silent Crisis here; humanity will be extinct and the Earth will be completely uninhabitable."

Katsumi was silent for a few moments, thinking over Gaia's words. "So what you're saying is that unless I fight, the Earth is doomed?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm also saying that running away from your problems is not the way to deal with things! When Gigelf found out about the whole Lucifer Hawk thing, he didn't run away screaming, he dealt with it. And he and his wife had you, so there'd be hope for the future. It's the future now, Katsumi, you need to go out and be humanity's hope! You and the rest of AMP, you're the only things standing between an Earth ruled by humans and one ruled by the Lucifer Hawks. So go out and fight, humanity will thank you . . . and so will I . . ."

Gaia faded out, as did the alleyway Katsumi was standing in . . .

********************************

Katsumi awoke to the sound of her alarm clock beeping noisily, and Grosspoliner was starting to float out of his little pet bed. It looked like they'd both woken up at the same time.

"Hey, Grosspoliner?"

"Yes, my master?"

"I think I've had most of my confusion cleared up . . . so we're going back to work today. Come on, you know Rally hates it when we're late!"
 
 

Owari . . .